I rented one of these recently.. its not a total piece of shift, like you might think. I'm not sure this is really the car for you. But I really do like what Ford is up to these days design and quality wise. The hybrid version of the fusion has some awesome tech going on.
Mmmm, not sure they have quite the car yet that would get ME on the dealership lot, but the new ford EDGE is really nice, and I think it gets better MPG then my VW Rabbit!!! WFT.. might be worth checking out.
and its got a sick dash
Ford is on the right track. HOWEVER, I also agree there is nothing to get me on the lot. Maybe soon. You think they have something up their sleeve?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what, if anything, they have up their sleeves but I can tell you that I'd prefer to buy a Ford than any other American car for the next 1-4 years. Ford finally figured out that their American design and engineering department was flawed so they started making moves to bring the Euro Ford cars back across the pond. Fiesta. Focus. etc.
ReplyDeleteFord is focusing (pardon the pun) on cars that are high volume sales leaders. See above plus the new Explorer (although it looks like gaping ass) and the F150 family. Add the Mustang into that list as I think that car is an excellent bargain and I think its sales will increase. It is a better ponycar than the camaro and the price per hp is impressive.
Now, if Ford and GM would figure out in a few years that their Aussie cars deserve a place on American soil!
http://jalopnik.com/5627600/ford-gs-boss-50-315-ute-grass-growing-increasingly-greener-down-under
http://jalopnik.com/5500938/walkinshaw-holden-ss+v-superwagon-603-hp-of-salt+rubbing+in+wound-pontiac-power
I nearly forgot:
ReplyDeletehttp://jalopnik.com/5535150/2010-ford-focus-rs-first-us-drive
Sure, it might be FWD, but it sure sounds fun and is certainly unique.